Biden once again takes full credit for vaccine work started before he took office

Biden once again takes full credit for vaccine work started before he took office

If there’s one thing President Joe Biden loves, it’s passing off somebody else’s work as his own.

The president on Thursday took full credit for the pace of COVID-19 vaccine development and distribution in the United States, declining to give even a scrap of praise to the Trump-era program that made the to-date total of 98 million doses possible.

“Two months ago,” Biden said during his first national address as president, “this country didn’t have nearly enough vaccine supply to vaccinate all or anywhere near all of the American public, but soon we will.”

He added,

“Now, because of all the work we’ve done, we’ll have enough vaccine supply for all adults in America by the end of May. That’s months ahead of schedule.”

Missing from Biden’s speech was any mention of the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed program, which worked hand-in-hand with private biomedical companies to get vaccines developed and distributed all within a year. You’d think the “unity” candidate would at least throw a bone to the men and women who worked tirelessly to make Operation Warp Speed such a resounding success, but you’d be wrong.

“When I took office 50 days ago,” the president continued, “only 8% of Americans after months, only 8% of those over the age of 65 had gotten their first vaccination. Today that number is 65%. Just 14% of Americans over the age of 75 – 50 days ago had gotten their first shot. Today, that number is well over 70%.”

The first vaccine shots were administered last year on Dec. 14. By Jan. 20, 2021, the day of Biden’s inauguration, 15.6 million people had already been dosed. In other words, even before the president took office, Operation Warp Speed had already put the U.S. on the path to making his campaign promise of 100 million vaccines in 100 days a reality. Indeed, on Inauguration Day, nearly 1.5 million inoculations were administered, ones with which Biden had nothing to do. Yet, listening to Biden’s speech Thursday evening, you’d think he alone is responsible for the success of vaccine distribution in the U.S., not the men and women of Operation Warp Speed.

“When I came into office, you may recall I set a goal that many of you said was kind of way over the top. I said I intended to get 100 million shots in people’s arms in my first 100 days in office,” Biden continued.

This may come as a shock to the president, but no one – and I mean no one – said his goal was “over the top.” In fact, most recognized it at the time as being a rather modest one.

“Tonight,” the president said, “I can say we’re not only going to meet that goal, but we’re also going to beat that goal. Because we’re actually on track to reach this goal of 100 million shots in arms on my 60th day in office.”

This is precisely why Biden’s people spread that malicious lie earlier this year claiming there was no COVID-19 vaccine distribution plan in place when he took office. The entire purpose of that lie was to position Biden to take all the credit for something set in motion even before he was sworn in as president.

Well, enjoy your undeserved victory lap, Mr. President. If nothing else, the men and women of Operation Warp Speed at least know what they accomplished.

Obviously, the president either did not remember who started the covid-19 task force or outright lied to America?

Trump Has Obvious Success With Covid-19 Response, According to Medical Experts and the Media.

Donald Trump, the administration, and the Covid-19 Task Force have done amazingly successful work in response to the coronavirus and dealing with it on a national scale.

Stick with me here—This assessment was made from the details and advice dispensed from medical professionals—experts in their field—and was found not in arcane community college opinion papers but from the highest reaches of our media complex. 

First, let’s deliver a few items the press has been working at keeping a lid on in 2020. Despite claims to the contrary, the Trump administration had undertaken several steps early to address the spread of Covid-19 in the states. He put in place a travel ban from China, he formed the Coronavirus Task Force, and he worked with businesses to begin ramping up the production of needed medical supplies for healthcare workers. Many executive orders were passed to tear down government restrictions that blocked businesses from manufacturing products outside their designed purpose. CARTOONS | Al Goodwyn View Cartoon

These are laid out to show that the initial narrative we heard from the president’s media “doing nothing for 70 days” was completely false. The press has been adept at selling false narratives during this pandemic. As just one example, recall the hysteria months back over ventilators. We were told there was a national shortfall. The president was lax in addressing the problem—while he was getting businesses to work on production—and that Trump possibly restricted deliveries to certain states over political squabbling. New York was said to be in dire need of 40,000 of the devices and was woefully short.

As Mike Pence noted during the GOP convention, not a single patient in need of a ventilator was denied using one due to lack of availability. Not long after the press was blaring about the ventilator crisis, something began to take place the press barely addressed. States began sending their surplus ventilators to areas in need, as the promised overflow of patients to ERs across the country did not materialize. Those 40,000 New York lacked in dire fashion? The state began donating its surplus machines to Mexico after employing just a few thousand. 

This sets up the practice of the media during this crisis. Note that as the ventilator crisis ebbed, we were never delivered the same breathless reporting over the success. There were one of either two explanations for this, and possibly both apply. Either the administration acted quick enough and met the demand—something the press would never dare detail—or the hysteria of the need was completely overblown, something to which the press would never admit. These traits also play out regarding the projections we had been delivered and today’s Covid realities. One of the early and loudest accusations from the press concerning Trump’s reaction to the pandemic was his refusal to listen to medical experts on the matter. With this charge in mind, we can go back and listen to what those medical experts told us, as delivered by the properly attentive media complex.

Back in March, the Director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota declared that he was estimating Covid deaths in the U.S. would be approaching the 500,000 plateau. As we are about to see, this was one of the more rosy predictions by the experts.

As the coronavirus reached our borders and began to entrench itself in our society the epidemiologists and virologists looked into the spread and began to deduce what we need to do and what could possibly transpire. In March the media’s favorite practitioner, Dr. Anthony Fauci testified to Congress that coronavirus was ten times more lethal than the flu, with a mortality rate of around 1%. Another source the press adores, the World Health Organization, had placed that rate even higher, at 3-4%. Dire figures, to be sure. 

Congress has its own medical professional who weighed in on the matter, Dr. Brian Monahn. At the time of Dr. Fauci’s hearing in March, Dr. Monahan projected that up to one-third of the country was expected to contract the virus. This meant that we could be facing close to 1 million deaths in the United States based on the lethality. Chilling to consider, but these prognostications were not outliers.

A short time after Fauci’s testimony, The New York Times had a report detailing the projections from Dr. Neil M. Ferguson, a British epidemiologist. Dr. Ferguson is regarded as the preeminent source of disease outbreak modeling. He looked at probable and possible influences and came up with high-and-low end estimates to what the United States was likely to face. He stated there was a possibility of 2.2 million deaths in his worst-case scenario. But this was a scare figure, based on what may occur with little action taken. The press, however, latched on to this number and used it to bludgeon President Trump.

But the Times also asked the doctor about the best-case result. Based on factors such as a summer lull, a possible mutation of the virus, and some herd immunity taking effect, the U.S. would only see about 1.1 million deaths if all went well. This estimate was based on the factors already in place and the steps taken at that time.

Tellingly there was another highly regarded source coming out with similar figures. Andrew Slavitt is a former Obama administration official who was the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services administrator. Slavitt came forward with death rate figures more glaring. Slavitt was involved in a series of conferences with teams of medical professionals looking into the outbreak and assessing what would take place. The panel ran scenarios where they declared containment was no longer a possibility. They projected higher infection estimates. They saw 40-70 percent of the U.S. population becoming infected, leading to at minimum 1.5 million deaths, reaching 2 million, or higher if the virus could not be controlled. Slavitt promised cities across the country would be “overrun” with cases they could not handle.

To repeat, these are all the people the press has told us that we NEED to listen to, medical experts trained specifically in epidemiology and other related viral fields. These are the minds we have been lectured about paying serious attention to in this crisis. So I am paying attention. We were assured that 1 million deaths in this country were possibly the best hoped-for result.

To date, we are still below 200,000 Covid-related deaths, with the curve flattening rapidly. We have gotten past the worst stage of the outbreak, and we stand at roughly 20 percent of the assured figure delivered from various expert sources. This has to be regarded as good news, comparatively speaking.

That will never be the judgment from the press. Either Trump has done a better job at handling this crisis, or the press had overblown what they described as lax action taken early on, leading to these error-prone estimates. The only accurate prediction we can make today is the media continuing to disseminate inaccurate details on the pandemic.

Contributors: Becket Adams, Brad Slager

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

HTML Snippets Powered By : XYZScripts.com
%d bloggers like this: